(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
William W. "Bill" Monning
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney/Professor/Mediator
- Professor Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Professor, Monterey College of Law
- Attorney/Mediator Private Practice
- International Consulting/ Conflict Resolution
- A.B. U.C. Berkeley, Dynamics of International Development, 1972
- J.D. , University of San Francisco School of Law, 1976
Robert "Robert Murray" (Murray) Murray, Robert Murray
- Healthcare Reform
- Environmental Protection/Sustainability/Affordable Housing
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Lawyer/Businessperson
- J.D. - Stanford Law School
- Post-Doctoral Fellow - University of California - Berkeley
- Ph.D. - Chemistry - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Contributed to Nobel Prize winning environmental research
- B.S. - Political Science - University of Washington
- Drafted legislation supported by Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
Mark W.A. Hinkle
- Budget reform and balanced Budget with reduced taxes and State spending
- Quality education with maximium choice for parents
- Sound environmental policies and promtion of "green" industry in California
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- BA Geography: San Jose State University
- Significant tax cuts and drastic reductions in business regulations.
- Return education control to local school boards and eliminate Sacramento from the picture.
- Make legislative districts truly competitive to end the re-election of inept politicians 98% of the time.
- Occupation: Retired Airline Pilot
- Pepperdine University - B.S. in Aviation Management
- Univ. of Maryland, Pirmasens, Germany
- El Camino College, Torrance,Ca.
- Helicopter pilot - participated directly and indirectly on site in Arctic and Alaska wildlife studies.
- Balance state budget - With the recession and state revenues in decline, spending must be controlled.
- Energy independence - California is underutilizing solar, wind and hydro power.
- Environment - Protect coastal waters. A change in aqua farming rules could lead to invasive species in our coastal waters.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
- Community Televison of Santa Cruz County-Community Express
- October 22, 2008 in Seaside at the Villa Del Monte Senior Citizen's Complex, Multipurpose Room. Located at 1670 Broadway Avenue in Seaside. Hosted by the Citizens League for Progress. The public is invited. For more information, call 394-9047.
- October 9, 2008 at Hartnell College, 156 Homestead Avenue in Salinas at the Choral Room PA-125. 5:30-8:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce. For further questions, contact Cathy Martin at 831-424-7611.
- October 13, 2008 7-9 p.m.
Location: City Council Chambers, 17555 Peak Avenue, Morgan Hill
Sponsor: The Morgan Hill Branch of the American Association of University Women, in conjunction with the Morgan Hill Times.
Monterey County Herald
The Salinas Californian
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.