(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Community College Trustee
- Nine years on the Santa Cruz City Council, two terms as Mayor
- Former Executive Director of Non-Profit
- Graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz with a BA in Politics
- Protection of the environment
- Support for public education
- Real action on affordable housing, living wages, and universal health coverage
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/Realtor
- Vietnam Veteran Navy, Top secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Architecture with emphasis on poly sci, and business
- Volunteer for the Kinship Center
- Volunteer for the Salvation Army
- Volunteer with Protect the Children
- Have run for office twice recieving 1/3 rd of the vote in last election
Gordon D. "Flash" Sachtjen
- security, secure borders, harbors and shores, promote security by providing adequate water supply,
- Promote secruity by providing for adequate supply of electrical generating plants
- provide for a secure future for our children by improving the education system
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Courier
- Chair of Santa Cruz County Libertarian Party
- Former Candidate for California State Senate 15th District
- Keep federal govt out of medicinal marijauna fields in California
- Dramatically reduce taxes in California
- Make legal any "crime" that has no victim
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 27. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.