(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember
- Mr. Fred Keeley was first elected to the State Assembly in 1996 and re-elected in 1998.
- Upon the convening of the 1999-2000 session, Mr. Keeley was appointed by Speaker Antonio R. Villaraigosa to the post of Speaker pro Tem.
- Author of the 1998 Marine Life Management Act: the Associated Press described it as the most signifigant advancement for CA legislation in 50 years.
- Author of Proposition 12 on the March 2000 ballot. Proposition 12 is the largest environmental protection and park bond in the nation's history.
- In 1998 Mr. Keeley received a rating of "100%" by the California Public Interest Research Group in recognition of his votes on the environment.
- Mr. Keeley is a member of the following committees: Budget, Budget Subcommittee on Resources, Natural Resources, Insurance, and Public Safety.
Charles "Chuck" Carter
- Better Schools
- A Cleaner Environment
- Social Justice
David R. Bonino
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Realtor/Small Businessman
- Phone: 831-655-5065; Addr: 44 Sierra Vista Drive, Monterey, CA 93940; Email: email@example.com
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Civil Engineer
- MS Civil Engineering; Purdue University; Construction Mgmt. major
- BS Civil Engineering; Clarkson University; Structural Engr. major
- Registered Professional Engineer; State of California
- Current employment in construction & project management
- Current Secretary of Santa Cruz County Libertarian Party
Madeline De Joly
- Reduction of State imposed regulations
- Elimination of State income tax
- Allowing Educational System Diversity
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Artist
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 27. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.