(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Anna G. Eshoo
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- Member of Congress since 1992
- Member of House Intelligence Committee
- Co-Chair of House Medical Technology Caucus
- Member of House Energy and Commerce Committee
- At-Large Democratic House Whip
- Technology: Continued investment in research and innovation to keep America competitive.
- Women and Families: Equal pay, protection of pensions, and freedom of choice.
- Healthcare: Access to affordable, quality health care for all Americans.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Teacher
- Stanford University, BS, MS, MA
- Civil Engineer
- Cofounder, The King's Academy, Sunnyvale
- Terrorism--Win the War on Terror. The number one job of the Federal Government is to provide for the common defense.
- Taxes--Make the 2003 tax cuts permanent.
- Teachers (Education!) --Cut back on on Federal involvement and bring decision making to the local level.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Engineer/Author/Father
- Sun Microsystems 1990-2001, Yahoo 2002-
- M.S., U. of Michigan, Computer Science
- B.S., U. of S. Mississippi Honors College
- Author of open-content reference hypertext Human Knowledge: Foundations and Limits
- Author of "Tooltalk and Open Protocols" & 4 software patents
- Active in HAND (neonatal loss support group)
- Market-based reforms of middle-class entitlements
- Smart environmentalism: pollution taxes, emissions license trading
- Eradicate corporate welfare, subsidies, & trade protections
- Addr: 201 Maclane Street, Palo Alto, CA 94306
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Federal Resources, Foreign Policy, and Federal Budget.
Secretary of State
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US House 14. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
News and Analysis
- Sept. 30 - Candidate Forum, Baltic Room at West Valley College, sponsored by LWV, AAUW, SVCN Newspapers.
- West Valley-Mission College Dist. candidates at 6:00 pm, Superior Court Judge runoff candidates at 7:15 pm, U.S.House of Rep. Dist 14 at 8 pm.
- Oct. 21 - Candidate Forum at 7 pm, Mtn. View Council Chambers, sponsored by LWV, AAUW, PTA.
- U.S. House of Rep Dist 14 candidates, State Senate Districts 11 & 13 candidates, State Assembly Districts 21 & 22 candidates, Superior Court Judge run-off candidates.
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.