(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Anna G. Eshoo
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, 1982-1992
- Chief of Staff, Assembly Speaker Leo McCarthy, 1981
- Chair, Bay Area Air Quality Management District, and Member, Bay Conservation and Development Commission
- Co-founder, San Mateo County Women's Hall of Fame
- Inducted into AEA High Technology Legislator's Hall of Fame, 1998
- "Champions for Choice Award" recipient from National Council of Jewish Women, 1998
- That every child be a healthy child - ready to learn and contribute.
- That we work to promote a robust economy while preserving the environment and our quality of life.
- That we support excellent schools, reward great teachers, and prepare students to be critical thinkers and active citizens.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/Videographer/Father
- 30 years experience in private business
- covered politics for newspapers and television
- has bold solutions for bringing back high-tech economy
- will give President George Bush strong backing
- can bring back more federal tax dollars to Silicon Valley
- will make the federal government work with technologies made here in 14th district
Andrew B. "Andy" Carver
- restoring trust and confidence in federal government will help economy
- support uniformed military, especially with Silicon Valley technology
- Pro-Choice and supports therapeutic research on stem cells
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Economics Researcher
- Decision Analyst, Eli Lilly and Company
- VP Currency Options Trading, Bank of America
- Masters, Stanford University, Management Science and Engineering
- B.S. Duke University, Mechanical Engineering and Economics
- Lower Taxes
- Privatization of Poorly Run Government Services
- Ensure Individual Liberties
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for District 14. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
News and Analysis
- 14th Congressional District Candidate Forum
- Thursday, October 17, 8:30 - 9 pm
Mountain View City Hall Council Chambers, 500 Castro St. (and candidates for El Camino Hosp.Dist. 7-7:30, Superior Court judges 7:35-8:30, State Assembly Dist. 22, 9:15-9:30)
co-sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters of Los Altos/Mtn. View Area, Palo Alto, Cupertino/Sunnyvale and South San Mateo County
San Jose Mercury News
San Mateo County Times
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.