(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Peter F. Carpenter
- Occupation: Corporate Officer / Director
- Founder, Mission and Values Institute
- Director, Menlo Park Fire Protection District 2001-2009, 2010 -2011
- Director, Annual Reviews, Inc.
- Univ of Chicago, MBA
- Harvard, AB
- Smokejumper, US Forest Service
Charles D. "Chuck" Bernstein
- Ensure that the District remains financially solvent
- Reach negotiated agreement with firefighters' union
- Maintain superior fire and medical responses
- Occupation: Business Executive, Educator
- President, CEO, Early Learning Institute, Palo Alto, CA
- MBA, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- PhD, Stanford University
- AB, Princeton University
- MP Fire Chief Appointee: MPFPD CERT Advisory Board, Elected Secretary
- Active Volunteer: Willows Citizen Patrol, Scouting, AYSO, Little League, Elks Lodge
- Balance the Budget
- Preserve and Expand Services
- Finalize a Contract
- Occupation: Incumbent / Retired Firefighter
- 8 year service on Fire Board
- Retired Firefighter- 36 years
- Degree Fire Science
- California State Teaching credential- lifetime
- California State Fire Marshall Instructor
- FEMA Urban Search & Rescue Instructor
- Maintain present budget priorties and reserves
- Reach negotiated agreement with Fire District employees
- Improve community service delivery
- Occupation: Incumbent / Vice President, Menlo Park Fire District
- Chair, Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Fire District Liaison, City of Menlo Park
- Menlo Park Police Advisory Committee
- CERT Trainer, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Former Training Officer & Volunteer Firefighter
- Degrees in Business/Finance & Fire Science
- Ensure a high standard of service while operating within a balanced budget
- Maintain appropriate emergency preparedness resources for the community
- Find cost savings through innovation, utilizing new technology
- Occupation: Menlo Park Housing Commissioner
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration/Accounting
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- San Mateo County, Measure A Oversight Committee Member
- Menlo Park Housing Element Steering Committee Member
- Menlo Park Las Pulgas Committee
- Habitat for Humanity Volunteer
- Continue to be fiscally conservative with taxpayers' dollars, while ensuring excellent protection for residents.
- Maintain state of the art equipment and superior fire and medical responses.
- Reach a negotiated agreement with firefighters' union and plan for future financial expenditures.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidates' Forum
- video of forum
- Thursday, 10 October
- 7:30 - 9:30 pm
- Menlo Park City Council Chambers, 701 Laurel, Menlo Park