(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Atherton City Councilmember
Cary E. Wiest
- Develop a more Collaborative Council
- Improve traffic safety, specifically Bike and Pedestrian routes
- Master Plan for all proposed Civic projects
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Rebuild public trust in our local government through transparent, cooperative, respectful and open governing
- Create an open forum for the residents to participate in issues like the library, Little League and a new Town Center
- Work with the Police Chief to stabillize Atherton's police services
- Occupation: Businessman CPA
- Veteran--U S Air Force pilot
- Atherton Rail Committee-over 5 years
- Atherton Finance and Audit Committee--over 2 years
- Former President of Calif. Public Utilities Commission
- Commissioner of Calif. Transportation Commission
- U of Utah, BA Business, U of San Francisco, JD Law
Denise Eileen Kupperman
- Protect Atherton from impact of High Speed Rail Operation and Construction
- Protect Police Department from outsourcing
- Locate and construct new Town Center where feasible with HSR operation
- Occupation: Small-Business Owner - landscape . planning . design
- Masters Landscape Architecture, College of Environmental Design, UC Berkeley 2000
- BSc. Business Administration, Menlo College 1984
- Project Manager, PWP and Associates, Landscape Architecture
- Controller, Inhale Therapeutic Systems (now named Nektar)
- Chair, Atherton Library Building Steering Committee
- Member, Atherton Environmental Programs Committee
- Establish financial stability to ensure continuance of a high level of public safety and city services.
- Work with the recently selected City Manager to improve management of the town.
- Engage in pro-active planning for town service facilities and potential impacts from development in our neighboring communities.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidate Forum
- Tuesday, 9 October
- 7 pm
- Jennings Pavillion in Holbrook Palmer Park
- 150 Watkins Ave., Atherton
- Co-sponsored by LWV South San Mateo County & Atherton Civic Interest League
- video of the forum
- provided by Midpeninsula Community Media Forum & the League of Women Voters of South San Mateo County
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.