(Vote for 1)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Andrea C. Thompson
- Occupation: Child Molestation Prosecutor
- Deputy District Attorney for over 27 years trusted with the most serious cases including sexual assault, domestic violence, and complex homicides.
- Handled approximately 400 court trials, jury trials, civll trials, and juvenile adjudications, including over 80 jury trials
- Currently Deputy-in-Charge at Stuart House, part of the Rape Treatment Center, leading a team of five attorneys prosecuting child molestation cases.
- Praised by LA Times for first-rate courtroom skills, fair and impartial treatment of victims and witnesses, and committment to determining the truth.
- J.D. McGeorge School of Law, B.A. University of South Dakota, Phi Beta Kappa, Majors: Criminal Justice, Spanish & French, fluent in Spanish.
- Instructor at the Forensic Science Academy training other attorneys on the use of DNA evidence in criminal prosecutions.
- I support equal judicial access for all.
- I will apply the law in a fair and unbiased manner, based on an expert knowledge of the law and guided by integrity, character, and common sense.
- I will enforce and uphold the law, ensuring public safety and protecting the rights of both victims and the accused.
- Occupation: Gang Homicide Prosecutor
- Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney for nearly 12 years
- Assigned to the Hardcore Gang Division for the last 5 years
- Prosecuted over 90 jury trials
- Prosecuted crimes such as murder, carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, domestic violence, child abuse, sex crimes, animal cruelty, identity theft, forgery
- Known for being ethical, honest, fair, smart, and diligent
- Active in dog rescue for the last 15 years
- To treat everyone who comes into court with fairness, courtesy, and respect.
- To work diligently and efficiently to minimize the burden on witnesses and jurors, while protecting the rights of all parties.
- To protect our communities from violent crime.
- Occupation: Criminal Prosecutor
- Los Angeles Deputy City Attorney
- Former Judge Pro Tem
- Juris Doctorate Degree--Cum Laude
- Courtroom and Trial Skills Instructor for the City Attorney's Office
- Published Author of several Legal Articles
- Over 10,000 hours of Courtroom experience
- I believe in Equal and Fair Access for All
- I will treat everyone with professionalism and respect
- I will serve as a neutral and detached magistrate, Not a Judicial Activist or Legislator from the Bench
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Personal Qualities and Access to the Legal System.
News and Analysis
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.