(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Ted W. Lieu
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember/Military Officer
Mary Jo "MJ" Ford, M.D.
- The Environment
- Public Safety
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Physician/Businessowner/Mother
- Party: Republican
- Doctorate of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts, Columbia University, New York
- Owner, Phoenix Pain Medicine
- Contributor, Nature Conservancy
- Member, Manhattan Beach Educational Foundation
Peter Luke Thottam, Esq.
- Properly secure our borders
- Clean Beach, Clean Water
- Ensure access to quality healthcare
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Attorney
- Yale University - B.A.
- U.C. Berkeley - JD from Boalt Hall
- U.C. Los Angeles - MBA from UCLA Anderson
- Activist - Progressive Democrats, Sierra Club, ICUJP
- Activist - Antiwar movement
- Ocean Park Community Center Volunteer
- 53rd Distrcit - Create greater job growth with better salaries for jobs in the 53rd District (e.g., via greater high end service jobs)
- Continue Antiwar Efforts to Bring US Troops home - dedicated to organizing marches, teach-ins & political lobbying efforts in L.A., Sacramento & D.C.
- Universal Health Care - Continue work to support Shiela Kuehl's universal health care plan initiative
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: College Professor
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Candidates Forum -- Sunday, October 22nd
Campaign Finance Data
- 1:30 to 4:00 -- Congressional, State Senate, and Assembly races (Assembly candidates starting at 1:30).
- 3330 Civic Center Drive (George Nakano Theatre), Torrance
- sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Torrance and the Beach Cities
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.