(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
William C. Chan
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember
- Served on the Sacramento City Council from 1999-2004.
- Six years as a legal aid attorney with Legal Services of Northern California, providing free legal assistance to the poor.
- Awarded the prestigious and competitive White House Fellowship in 1995.
- Served in the Clinton Administration for three years as Counsel to United States Attorney General Janet Reno.
- Appointed as a freshman to chair the Assembly Judiciary Committee
- BA, DePauw University `84 / * JD, Harvard Law School `88 / * MPP, Harvard's Kennedy School of Government `88
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Research Chemist
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.