(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Former School Superintendent
- East Side Union High School District Superintendent, 1989-2003
- California Superintendent of the Year, 2003
- Chair, Mexican Heritage Plaza Cultural Arts Center
- Chair, Silicon Valley Latino Democratic Forum
- Past Board Member, Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
- Past member, Mayor's Gang Task Force
- Working with parents and teachers we will bring more resources to San Jose schools and improve student achievement.
- Finding reasonable budget solutions that prevent deep cuts to education, healthcare and public safety.
- By supporting San Jose's police, firefighters and teachers we will protect safe neighborhoods, responsive emergency services and good schools.
Warner S. Bloomberg, III
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Engineering Project Manager
- Phone: 408-972-3580; Addr: 467 N. 16th St., San Jose, CA 95112; Email: Mark23rd@Patrosso.com
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Attorney
- Former Director/Officer United Neighborhoods of Santa Clara County
- Active in Japantown Neighborhood Association
- Oppose Proposition 62 Limited Choices in Elections Initiative
- Support Proposition 66 Amend 3 Strikes Initiative http://www.amend3strikes.org
- Oppose Proposition 64 Attacking Consumer Remedies
- Support Redistricting Reform Initiative (in circulation)
- Adopt the Green Watchdog Report proposals http://www.greencap.org
- Require home purchase/refinancing documents to be in buyer's primary language
- Renew funding for home and small business solar power installation subsidy
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 23. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.