(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Incumbent
- San Jose City Council, 6 years
- San Jose Planning Commissioner, 7 years
- Housing Development Manager
Warner S. Bloomberg, III
- Improving educational opportunities for youth and adults
- Enhancing security and safety measures to deal with terrorism
- Creating opportunities for the workforce of the "new economy"
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Attorney
- BA 1976 University of Chicago -- The College
- JD 1979 Santa Clara University School of Law
- Nonprofit Management Certificate 2001 San Jose State University / CompassPoint Nonprofit Services
- 1994-1999 Board Member/Officer of United Neighborhoods of Santa Clara County
- December 1999-May 2000 UNSCC Interim Executive Director
- 1990-2002 Neighborhood activist--Jackson-Taylor Neighborhood Association/Japantown Neighborhood Association
- Redistricting by nonpartisan commissions to create politically competitive districts
- Housing security for renters by requiring "just cause" for evictions
- More support for renewable energy sources and keep power plants away from residential neighborhoods
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 23. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.