(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
Karl W. Dietrich
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: United States Representative in Congress
- Phone: 760-758-2453; Addr: PO Box 760, Vista, CA 92085
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Mechanical Engineer
- BSME, University of Arizona, 1980
- San Diego Co. resident for 18 years
- Libertarian Party Member for 12 years
Michael P "Mike" Byron
- Repeal the $.18 / gal. Federal Gasoline Tax
- Close all secondary alien checkpoints (Fwy. 5, 8, and 15)
- Phase out Social Security and Medicare
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: College Professor
- PhD Political Science UC Irvine
- MA Political Science San Diego State University
- Member of Faculty Senate Palomar College
- Member of Executive Board Palomar Faculty Federation (AFT/CFT local 6161)
- Professor, Palomar College, Mira Costa College, CSU San Marcos
- Husband of Ramona Byron
- Ending "one dollar one vote" and replacing it with "one person one vote."
- Energy independence based on renewable energy sources.
- Preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for District 49. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.