(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Susan A. Davis
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of the Legislature, California State Assembly
- Bachelor's in Sociology, University of California at Berkeley
- Master's in Social Work, University of North Carolina
- President, League of Women Voters
- Development Associate, KPBS Radio
- San Diego School Board Member
- Executive Director, Aaron Price Fellows, a youth leadership program
Brian P. Bilbray
- Education - Reduce class size, promote better qualified teachers, expand after-school programs
- Health Care - Direct access to OB/GYNs, right to second medical opinions, Medicare prescription drug coverage and protecting medical record privacy
- Economic Development - Cut red tape for small businesses, foster early stage financing & ensure that we give developers incentives for "smart growth"
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Congressman/Business Owner
- Former Mayor of Imperial Beach
- Former member of County Board of Supervisors
- Former member of CA Air Resources Board
- Former member of Imperial Beach City Council
- Former member of CA Costal Commission
Doris V (LeClerc) Ball
- Healthcare (Protecting Medicare [H.R. 535] & Social Sec., Reforming Managed Care)
- Education (Cutting Bureaucracy & Returning $ to Classrooms)
- Environment (Protect Coastal Waters [H.R 999] & Improve Air Quality [PL 105-286 ])
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Clinical Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist (since 1982)
- Director of Behavioral Science, Beaumont Hospital, Troy, MI (1991-1993)
- Faculty Member for Physician Residents, Beaumont Hospital, Troy, MI (1991-1993)
- Instructor: Foreign Languages, Economics, World History, Birmingham, MI (1966-1987)
- Ph.D. Clinical & Educational Psychology, Wayne State University (1982)
Tahir I. Bhatti
- Dramatically downsize government in all areas not related to protection against force or fraud.
- Eliminate income taxes, the war on drugs and gun control, and privatize Social Security and education.
- Reestablish the original checks and balances among the three branches of government and between the federal and state governments.
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Physician
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
The Campaign Finance Institute
Center for Responsive Politics
Commonwealth Club of California
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 49. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
News and Analysis
- About the incumbent
- Washington and local contact info (including websites), personal info, committees, ratings
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.