(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Robert T. Matsui
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- Ranking Member, Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Original cosponsor of the Children's Health Insurance Program CHIP, Foster Care Independence Act, Work Incentives Act
- Led the fight to pass numerous trade agreements, NAFTA in 1993, Uruguay Round in 1994, and Permanent-Normal Trade Relations with China
- Regent of the Smithsonian Institute
- Defending Social Security
- Obtaining 200-year flood protection for Sacramento
- Promoting fair and equitable free trade policies
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Engineer/Consultant
- MBA, Golden Gate University
- B.S. Marine Engineering, California Maritime Academy
Timothy E. Roloff
- Rebuilding California's infrastructure.
- Educational reform to get back to basics.
- Improve transportation solutions for California.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Computer Scientist
- B.S. Computer Science from CSUS
- End the War On Drugs.
- Privatize Social Security.
- Simplify the Federal Income Tax.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for District 5. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.