(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Willie Lewis Brown, Jr.
- Occupation: Mayor of San Francisco
- California State Assembly for 31 years
- Speaker of the Assembly for 14 ½ years
- Create more affordable housing
- Continue to improve Muni
- Rehabilitate our parks
- Occupation: President, Board of Supervisors
- Transportation Authority Chair
- Board of Education
- Instructor in Humanities at New College of California
- Instructor in AIDS Peer Education at City College of San Francisco
- Preserving Affordable Housing
- Power to the Neighborhoods, Not Downtown
- Improved Public Transit
- Occupation: Businessman
- Citizen Leader
Martin Lee Eng
- Fix Muni
- Reduce Homelessness
- Protect Neighborhoods
- Occupation: ModelsWatch.com founder
- Stockbroker and real estate broker
- Fr. V-Chairperson, County Committee
- Former CPA, property manager
- Re-appoint new honest San Franciscans to all Mayoral appointments.
- Reduce the power of the Muni labor union.
- Implement sting operations and information rewards against city workers and commissioners.
- Occupation: Retired Building Contractor
- Transit Activist
- Homeless Activist
- Anti-Tobacco Activist
- Anti-Billboard Activist
- Elected Transit Board Charter Amendment - 21st Century Public Transit.
- Housing options to get homeless people off our streets.
- Moving long-term rent controlled tenants into home ownership.
- Occupation: International Airport Administrator (1987-present)
- President, Coalition for San Francisco Neighborhoods (1987-89; 1992-94)
- City and County of San Francisco Environmental Commissioner (1994-97)
David J. Martz
- Dismantle the political machine by replacing all members of City boards and commissions.
- Submit to the electorate a proposed ordinance that will require 100% publicly financed candidate elections for all local government offices.
- Expand tenants' rights and protections.
- Occupation: Attorney in Banking/Financial Services - Morrison & Foerster
- Yale University (B.A.), summa cum laude
- Yale Law School (J.D.)
- Board Member - Asian Perinatal Advocates; Center for Youth Development Through Law
- Volunteer in San Francisco public schools and nursing homes for 5 years
- Tutor/Mentor of children in the Tenderloin neighborhood
- Resident of the Tenderloin neighborhood
Mark "Superbooty" OHara
- Improve the educational system
- Find creative ways to assist low-income people, especially in inner-city neighborhoods
- Fight racism
- Occupation: Manager, Agent, and Lead Singer for SuperBooty
- Computer Animator
A.D. Wyatt Norton
- Reform Election System
- Reform Political System
- Reform Government System
- Occupation: Artist
- born October 3, 1957 - the last day before the Space Age - in Houston, Texas.
- From kindergarten through College - finished formal education in Fine Arts and Drama and grounded in liberal arts
- Still earnestly believe in Truth and Beauty
- Founder and only member of the Jeffersonian Interdependent Party (JIP).
- Running sporadically for SF Board of Supervisors since 1986
- In that year christened the 'Emperor Norton SF Bay Bridge"
William "Bill" Felzer
- Transportation, et.al.
- No Fear of New Ideas- No strings-Competency for political appointments
- Positioning SF in the 21st Century
- Occupation: Engineer/College Instructor
- Univ. California: Degree in Engineering
- San Francisco State Univ.:Teaching Cred.
- Engineer/Navy Department: 25 years
- S.F. City College Instructor: 29 years
- Professional Licensed Engineer: Calif.
- Patented a new type "Washing Machine"
J. R. Manuel
- Solutions to Muni problems
- San Francisco City Charter Changes
- Changes to education and Homeless
- Occupation: Businessman
- Owner, Anderson & Cristofani Shipyard (San Francisco's oldest)
- See website biographical sketch
Larry J. Edmond
Anatole Roam Ghio
- Zero-base City Hall budget and rebuild justifying each expenditure of taxpayer dollars to eradicate inefficiency in spending and poor management.
- Implement my Interim Financing Program (see website) to immediately reduce homelessness, vagrancy, crime, and misuse of subsidy payments.
- Convert City Hall's antiquated computer system to state of the art technology to allow City to operate at maximum efficiencies.
- Occupation: Writer
- Customer Service Employee
- Strengthen Tenants Rights
- Fix MUNI
- Unionize Customer Service Workers
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
SF Dept. of Elections
News and Analysis
San Francisco Chronicle
San Francisco Weekly
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.