(Vote for 1)
This is a preview of the election. Candidates will be added
and may change until the final certified list of names is available.
Some contests or ballot questions might be added.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Scott Mark Schmerelson
- Occupation: Administrator/Retired Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
- Secondary Counselor
- Assistant Principal
- Treasurer, Cuban-American Teachers' Association
- Executive Director of Region 16, Association of California School Administrators
- School Bond funds must be expended as the voters intended.
- Class size is too high to ensure a quality education.
- Fair wages and full time employment for our LAUSD employees.
- Occupation: School Boardmember/Prosecutor
- Los Angeles Unified school board member (2007-present)
- Deputy City Attorney/Neighborhood Prosecutor (2002-present)
- Western States Counsel, Anti-Defamation League (1996-2002)
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1994)
- B.A. in political science, UCLA, magna cum laude (1991)
- Pass a balanced, responsible budget, and stick to it throughout the fiscal year.
- Provide our students with high-quality teachers, materials and support so they can pass the more rigorous curriculum now required for graduation.
- Equip our schools and teachers with the technology needed to prepare students for college and careers.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Most Important Issue, Role of Board, and Teacher Evaluation.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.