(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: CPA/Taxpayer Representative
- B.S. in Accounting-Rochester Institute of Technology
- M.S. in Taxation-Golden Gate University
- M.B.A. from Pepperdine University
- Licensed in CA as a Certified Public Accountant since 1992
- Member of CalCPA
- Aspen Institute Rodel Fellow
James E. Theis
- Make sure everyone is paying their fair share of taxes by tackling the $8 billion in unpaid taxes in the underground economy
- Streamline and reform outdated tax laws and make it easier for taxpayers to do business and comply with our tax laws
- Ensure a "friendly" tax agency that is responsive and treats taxpayers with respect and dignity
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Organic Foods Manager
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
State Board of Equalization
Candidate Forums, Debates or Interviews
Serves on the Board of Equalization, California's elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.