(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Therese M. Stewart
77.4% Yes votes ......
22.6% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, First District Court of Appeal
- Chief Deputy City Attorney, City and County of San Francisco, 2002-2014
- Director, Howard, Rice, Nemerovski, Canady, Falk & Rabkin, 1988-2002
- Associate, Howard, Rice, Nemerovski, Canady, Falk & Rabkin, 1982-1988
- President, Bar Association of San Francisco, 1999
- B.A., Cornell University 1978; J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law 1981
J. Anthony Kline
- To decide cases in fairly and without bias or prejudice of any kind
- To faithfully follow the laws and the Constitutions of the United States and the State of California
- To ensure access to justice for all persons
75.3% Yes votes ......
24.7% No votes
- Occupation: Presiding Justice, First Appellate Dist. Div. 2 (since 1982)
- Judge of the San Francisco Superior Court (1980-1982)
- Legal Affairs Secretary to Governor (1975-1980)
- Managing Attorney, Public Advocates, Inc. (1970-1974)
- Attorney in OEO Legal Services Program (1969)
- Private law practice (Davis Polk & Wardwell) (1966-1969)
- Ll.B Yale Law School, M.P.A. Cornell University, B.A. Johns Hopkins University
- To decide cases fairly and impartially
- To be faithful to the laws and constitutions of the United States and the State of California
- To treat all who appear before me with courtesy and respect
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
California Courts of Appeal
Informed Voter Project
- This California Election
- Find more information about the justices and the issues: objective information on evaluation of judicial candidates to allow voters to make informed choices in selecting members of the third branch of government.
- Profiles of Justices
- Like Wikipedia, anyone may edit information on this monitored site. See who appointed each justice and other information about each.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.