(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: California State Senator
- 2008 American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network - California State Advocacy Leadership Award
- 2006 Los Angeles League of Conservation Voters Smith-Weiss Environmental Champion
- California State Assemblymember 2000-2006
- Member of the Long Beach City Council 1994-2000
- Member of the Long Beach Unified School District 1988-1994
- B.S. in Business Administration-CSULB
John S. Stammreich
- The Environment
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Aerospace Contracts Manager
- U.S. Naval Academy, Class of 1992 - 11-year Navy Veteran
- 8-year Aerospace Manager, 3rd Generation Aerospace Employee
- B.S. in Engineering, Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Born and raised in the South Bay
- 2-term Chairman, 54th AD Republican Central Committee
- Former Board Member, Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council
- Fighting Job-Killer Legislation strangling our local businesses and industries
- Protecting local tax revenues, which pay for local services, from Sacramento politicians and special interests
- Gutting the excessive state employee pension system that threatens to bankrupt California schools and vital services
(This candidate has not provided any information to Smart Voter)
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Choices, Budget Process, Higher Education, and Major Issues and Priorities.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
Los Angeles Times
- All links above open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.