(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Victoria G. Chaney
69.9% Yes votes ......
30.1% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal since 2009
- Judge of the Superior Court, 1994-2009
- Judge of the Municipal Court, County of Los Angeles, 1990-1994
- Assistant City Attorney, Los Angeles, 1979-1990
- Graduate of Mt. St. Mary's College and Loyola Law School
Robert M. Mallano
- Decide cases fairly, producing well-reasoned decisions
- Treat all litigants with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Improve the administration of justice and accessibility to our system of justice
67.8% Yes votes ......
32.2% No votes
- Occupation: Presiding Justice, Court of Appeal
- Associate Justice 2000-2008; Appointed Presiding Justice 2008; Judge of the Superior Court, Los Angeles County 1980-2000 (Presiding Judge 1993-1994)
- Member, California Judicial Council 1993-1996
- Member, Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics 1996
- Judicial Council 1996 Jurist of the Year Award
- Legal Career: Deputy District Attorney, County of Los Angeles and the private practice of law
- LL.B, Boalt Hall Law School (UC Berkeley); AB, Yale University
Jeffrey W. Johnson
- Decide cases fairly and impartially
- Faithfully follow the law
- Treat everyone in our courts with courtesy and respect
66.3% Yes votes ......
33.7% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice
- United States Magistrate Judge, 1999-2009
- Federal Prosecutor (Assistant United States Attorney), 1989-1999; Deputy Chief of Section, 1994-99; Private Practice, 1985-89
- 2008 Judicial Excellence Award (by Mexican American Bar Association); Thurgood Marshall Award for Humanitarianism and Judicial Achievement, 2009
- Attorney General's Award for Distinguished Service (generally recognizing fewer than ten federal prosecutors nationally each year), 1995
- JD, Yale Law School, 1985
- BA, Duke University, 1982
- Decide all cases fairly and impartially by faithfully following the law
- Treat all persons in our courts with courtesy, respect, dignity, and patience
- Work diligently to improve the knowledge and skills of lawyers and judges, and the peaceful dispute resolution skills of all citizens
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Judicial Council of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.