(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Trustee Ohlone Community College District
- Past President, Citizens for Better Community
- Past Chair, Fremont Library Advisory Commission
- Past District Chair, Boy Scouts of America
- Military Experience: Colonel in the Army Reserve, Iraq War Veteran
- Education: Kennedy High, BS from Santa Clara University, MBA from Golden Gate Univesity
- Eagle Scout
- Student learning
- Financial stability
- Improving ease of transfer to 4-year colleges
- Occupation: University Financial Analyst
- Over 40 years working in public higher education
- Over 30 years as a community volunteer in the Tri-cities area
- MPA; BA; AA
- (Fremont) Citizen of the Year 2004 -- Warm Springs Rotary Club
- Distinguished Community Member of the Year 2006 (CSU East Bay University Police Department)
- Key Leader, Fremont 4th of July Parades (Warm Springs) 2003 and 2009
Ishan M. Shah
- 1 Transparency, Budget Stability, and Fiscal Oversight and Accountability
- 2 Promote Ohlone CCD as a regional leader in workforce development and job training
- 3 Responsible Academic Leadership
- Occupation: Community College Student
- Alameda County Human Relations Commissioner
- Fremont's "Best Innovative Thinker" 2010- The Argus & Fremont Bulletin
- Independent Lobbyist, Tesla Motors to NUMMI
- A voice for the 17,000 students of Ohlone College
- Intern- Congressman Pete Stark
- Intern- Mayor Bob Wasserman
- Job Creation- Ensuring Ohlone College continues to excel at preparing its students for entry into the workforce or transfer into 4 year universities.
- Financial Stability- Work with representatives to acquire the level of per pupil funding that Ohlone needs and deserves.
- Bond Implementation- Responsibly manage bond funding (350 Million) should Measure G pass this Fall.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Fremont, Newark, and Union City has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on Fremont campus.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.