(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Educator/School Principal
- Masters Educational Leadership
- California Professional Administrative Credential
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Currently K-8 School Principal
- Prinicpal / Vice Principal -- 10 years
- Classroom Teacher -- 19 years
Sarabjit Kaur Cheema
- Student Achievement
- Safe Schools and Community Partnerships
- Fiscal Discipline
- Occupation: Engineer/Teacher/Parent
- Transportation Engineer for 12 years
- Human Relations Commisioner in Union City
- MS Math, BS Physics & Chem, B.Ed
- High School Math and Science Teacher in India before moving to US in 1991
- substitute teacher in New Haven schools from 1992-95
- Math /Engineering instructor part time
- Unite our diverse community around our schools and in education
- School safety, partnership with city and bussinesses
- Fiscal responsibility to keep control locally
- Occupation: Incumbent
- classroom English and Social Science teacher
- current member of New Haven School Board
- first elected in 1994, re-elected 1998, 2002, & 2006
- long time resident of Union City
- son and daughter are products of NHUSD
- Have a BA in Government and a Masters Degree
Jerico J. Abanico
- Obtaining and retaining resources needed to ensure every child is successful.
- Passing a fiscally responsible budget that does not depend upon one-time only money.
- Closing the achievement gap.
- Occupation: Youth Counselor/Organizer
- Student (Ohlone Community College)
- Bring schools and the community together to support one another
- To provide students with programs and services that will help them through their educational experience in NHUSD
- Supporting teachers with providing them with support and adequate resources in order to fully utilize their strengths in educating our students.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Fremont, Newark, and Union City has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on School dropout.
New Haven Unified School District
Wed., Oct. 6, 7:00 pm
New Haven Administrative Services Center
34200 Alvarado-Niles Blvd.
- See LWV Candidate forum on video
See LWV Candidate forum on Union City Channel 27 on
Monday, Wed., and Friday evenings at 7:00 pm
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.