(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jerry T. Thorne, P.E.
- Occupation: Councilmember/Retired Engineer
- Current Vice Mayor City of Pleasanton
- Currently represent the People of Pleasanton on 18 Local, Regional, State and National Boards, Commissions and Committees
- First elected in 2005 after spending 10 years serving as a Parks and Recreation Commissioner (two term Chair of the Commission)
- 26 years as a Senior Manager with Hewlett-Packard and Agilent Technologies
- B.S. from the University of Tennessee
- Registered Professional Engineer (California)
- Steward of fiscal discipline
- Bringing jobs to Pleasanton
- Preserving our quality of life through sensible and sustainable land use planning
- Occupation: City Councilmember/Teacher
- Pleasanton resident for over 20 years
- Parent of four children
- 33 year vetran teacher
- Won the American Civic Education Teacher Award in 2008
- Masters of Arts in U.S. History with an emphasis in the Constitution
- A trusted leader with a passion for public service
Karla S. Brown
- Economic Sustainability
- Affordable family and senior housing
- Community building
- Occupation: Pleasanton Business Woman
- Co-Author of Save Pleasanton Hills, Measure PP
- Co-Chair for No on D, No on Oak Grove
- Business Degree San Jose Sate
- President Women's Council of Realtors
- Broker for Keller Williams
- Restore Ethical Government by working and listening to the voters
- Revitalize Pleasanton's Economic Development
- Support Slow and Smart Growth Policies
- Occupation: Manager Volunteering Services
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Police Officer
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- City Council Candidates
October 12, 2010 at 7 pm
Pleasanton City Council Chambers
200 Old Bernal Avenue Pleasanton
- Sponsored by LWV-Livermore-Amador Valley, American Association of Univerity Women, Livermore Pleasanton Dublin Branch.
- Shown on TV 29, Wednesday at 5 pm; Friday at 11 pm.
- Tri Valley Herald
- Pleasanton candidates highlight need for affordable senior housing, a more efficient planning process
- Pleasanton city council candidate take up pension reform
- Pleasanton city council candidates face hillside lawsuit, growth management in the next four years
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.