First ranked choice applies (details)
(1 Elected, Rank Your Choices)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Oakland City Councilmember, 2005 to present
- Chief of Staff to Councilmember Danny Wan, 2000-2005
- Legislative Aide, Councilmember John Russo 1999-2000
- J.D., Hastings College of the Law
- B.A., University of Washington, Seattle
Jennifer S. Pae
- Making our Neighborhoods Safe: We must find the funds to keep our Police Department fully staffed and provide violence prevention programs.
- Growing our local economy to provide good jobs to Oaklanders and strengthen our tax base.
- Making City government operate with efficiency, integrity and fiscal responsibility.
- Occupation: Non-Profit Executive
- Former President of the United States Student Association
- Current Member of the Oakland Community Policing Advisory Board
- In 2008, was the Obama Delegate for Congressional District 9
- Outreach Director, East Bay Asian Voter Education Consortium
- Foster local economic stability - encourage fiscal and socially responsible lending and investments in our local workforce economy.
- Create a community partnership with the School District to address high truancy and low graduation rates.
- Prioritize public safety by addressing the root causes of crime and supporting successful violence prevention and intervention programs.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Ranked Choice Voting
KTOP Cable Channel 10 Rebroadcast of September 20 Forums
- Date: Monday, September 20
Time: 6 - 9 PM
Place: Oakland City Hall, Hearing Room 1, 14th & Broadway
Sponsor: League of Women Voters of Oakland
- The public is invited to attend and submit questions for the candidates
- This will be one of 4 forums occurring this evening. The others will be Oakland School Board - District 4; City Council - District 6; and City Auditor
- Date: Wednesday, October 6
Time: 7 - 9 PM
Place: Lake Shore Avenue Baptist Church, corner of Mandana & Lake Shore
Sponsors: Grand Lake Neighbors
News and Analysis
- Date:Thursday, October 28,
Time: 3:30 - 6:30 PM
- Date: Saturday, October 2,
Time: 5 - 8 PM
- Date: Friday, October 1,
Time: 7 - 10 PM
- Date: Thursday, September 30,
Time: 4 - 7 PM
- Date: Wednesday, September 29
Time: 6:30 - 9:30 PM
- The public is invited to submit questions for the candidates. See the Web Site for Grand Lake Neighbors
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.