(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Financial Systems Consultant
- Over 20 years experience in pension fund accounting, stock & bond investments, union dues accounting, and real estate mortgage loans.
- Active in global economic justice, environment, military-to-civilian economy, and community-based economic issues.
- B.A. Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, Phi Beta Kappa
- M.Ed. Antioch University, Cambridge, MA
S. Deacon Alexander
- Work to change the political system so the budget will follow California's values, not campaign contributors' values.
- Ensure that taxes have the right balance between corporate & individual, wealthy & regular citizens, and pay-as-we-go vs. children-pay-off-bonds.
- Keep the good parts of Prop 13-era changes, making sure taxes don't make us lose our homes, AND correct the devastating betrayals.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Student
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Campaign Finance Data
- As the state's chief executive officer, oversees most
state departments and agencies and appoints judges.
- Proposes new laws and approves or vetoes legislation.
- Prepares and submits the annual state budget.
- Mobilizes and directs state resources during
Secretary of State
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.