(Vote for 1)
Candidates: to post info on this page, send an e-mail to email@example.com and INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Maren Elizabeth Nelson
- Occupation: Judge of the Superior Court
- Rated "Exceptionally Well Qualified" by the Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Judge of the Superior Court, 2009-present
- Commissioner, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2004-2009
- Distinguished Jurist Award, 2008, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Southern California Chapter)
- Attorney, Morrison & Foerster LLP, 1987-2004 (partner from 1990); Overton, Lyman & Prince, Associate, 1981-1987
- J.D., University of Southern California, Order of the Coif, 1981; B.A., Occidental College, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
Jim Garo Baklayan
- To reach a fair result in every case, consistent with the law and the facts
- To treat all participants equally, with respect and dignity
- To issue reasoned, understandable decisions
- Occupation: Civil Litigation Attorney
- Temporary Judge Program - Los Angeles County
- Civil Litigation Practice over 13 years
- CSUN, BA, 1990
- ULV College of Law, JD, 1995
- 2 College of Law Recognition Awards
- 3 Los Angeles Superior Court Certificates of Appreciation
- To help foster the notion that everyone can have their day in court
- To promote the integrity and regain the respect in our judicial system
- To be fair, honest, and impartial when applying the law
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Reason for Running, and Experiences and Personal Qualities.
Meet and Learn About the
- Thursday May 20
time: 5:30-8:00 p.m.
place: Southwestern Law School
3050 Wilshire Bl., L.A. CA 90010
co-sponsors: LWV/L.A. County;
LWV Los Angeles; Southwestern Law School
special guests: Judith McConnell, Administrative Presiding Justice,
4th District Appellate Court, &
Val Zavala, Anchor, KCET's "SoCal Connected"
more info: 213-738-6625
RSVP (by 5/17): firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.