(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Robert "Bob" Wasserman
- Occupation: Mayor, City of Fremont
- Former Member, Fremont City Council
- Retired Fremont Chief of Police
- Masters in Public Administration
- Korean War Veteran, U.S. Army
- Enhance our Neighborhood Safety
- Strengthening Our Economy and Creating Jobs
- Creating an Environmentally Sustainable Fremont
- Occupation: Councilmember, Business Owner
- BA, Math, Washington Univ, St Louis, Mo
- MS, Computer Science, USC, Los Angeles
- Elected to City Council, 2000 and re-elected in 2004
- Chair, League of Calif Cities, Asian Pacific Islander Caucus
- President, Citizens for Better Community (1999 and 2006)
- Appointed to Fremont Planning Commission (1998)
- Public Safety - Reduce and Prevent Crime
- Economic Development - Provide proactive leadership
- Education - Establish joint task force with council members and FUSD Board members
- Occupation: Local Government Consultant
- Fremont Mayor
- Alameda County Congestion Management Agency
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- US Conference of Mayors Advisory Board
- BART to San Jose Policy Advisory Committee
- Founding member, Committee to Preserve the Hills
- Fiscal Accountability
- The City Council's positions on growth and development, including the A's proposal
- Improving the local economy especially in the older, established neighborhoods
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Fremont, Newark, Union City has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on Issues.
Rebroadcast of LWVFNUC televised candidate forum
- Every Monday at 4:30pm, Tuesday at 9:30pm,Wednesdays at 7:30am. On Channel 29 Fremont, Channel 27 Newark.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.