(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Peggy J Thomsen
- Occupation: Teacher
- Albany City Council 1996 - 2004; Mayor Two Terms
- City of Albany, Social and Economic Justice Committee, 2005 - present; chair one year
- Albany Unified School District Measure A Bond Oversight Chair, 2005 - present
- Albany Unified School District Measure E Bond Oversight Chair, 2008
- Albany School Board 1978 - 86; 1988 - 96; School Board President Four Years
- UC Berkeley, PhD, Educational Administration
- Strongly committed to open, responsive government with active citizen involvement
- Dedicated to maintaining Albany's small-town character
- Focused on making sound land-use decisions, which include open and recreational space
- Occupation: Albany City Councilmember
- Albany High School Graduate, 1988
- UC Berkeley Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, 1992
- UC Berkeley Master of Science in Civil Engineering, 1993
- New Transportation Manager for City of Berkeley
- Alameda County Congestion Management Agency Board
- Father of children in Albany Schools and youth sports
Robert "Bob" Lieber
- I support improved safety and mobility for our children, seniors and anyone who walks or bikes in Albany.
- I support more parks and sports fields throughout Albany for the health of our community.
- I support open and responsive City government that listens to the views of all citizens.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- 1972-Graduated Berkeley High School
- 1972-75 Military Service-Honorable Discharge
- 1979 BA-California State University at Hayward. Graduated with High Honors
- 1986 Diploma-St. Lukes School of Nursing in San Francisco
- Alta Bates Medical Center 1986 to present
- Third Dan Tae Kwon Do
- As a strong leader against the Caruso Waterfront Mall, I was instrumental in saving our shoreline from large-scale development.
- I support the upcoming waterfront planning process that will involve the entire community in determining a new vision for the waterfront.
- Bring Albany together around a progressive agenda.
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Current Chair, Albany Park and Recreation Commission
- Traffic and Safety Commissioner
- Co-founder, Albany Strollers and Rollers
- Sierra Club Outings Leader
- Software Engineer
- B.A. Chemistry
- Reuniting Albany
- Sustainability - Environmental, Fiscal, Social
- Protect and enhance open space
- Occupation: Structural Engineer
- Chair, Albany Planning & Zoning Commission
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Master of Science Engineering, UC Berkeley 1994
- Committed to protecting our shoreline, creeks and open spaces Dedicated to a community driven visioning process for the future of our waterfront .
- Dedicated to strengthening the vitality our local businesses by encouraging more livable and walkable streets and neighborhoods
- Champion of making sustainability a keystone of community planning and development
- Occupation: Graphic Designer
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, with Honors, Pratt Institute
- Founding Board Member, SchoolCARE Foundation
- Economic Sustainability
- Environmental Sustainability
- Strong Schools
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Tuesday, October 14 at Northbrae Church, 741 The Alameda, Berkeley (in Haver Hall). 7:00 to 8:00 pm.
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Berkeley, Albany & Emeryville.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.