Runoff Election 11/4/2008
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Founder and former CEO of Cinnamon Software
- Founder Involved Evergreen Community Group
- Santa Clara University Graduate, B.S. and M.A.
- 30-year Evergreen Resident
- Air Force Veteran
- Volunteer at Sunrise Retirement Community
- Maintain fully-staffed and equipped police and fire departments with staff, training and equipment to ensure neighborhood safety
- Reduce traffic congestion and relieve the Hwy 101/Capitol Expressway/Yerba Buena gridlock
- Attract and retain good companies and quality jobs
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- Former Vice President of Finance, Seagate Technology
- M.B.A., Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Willamette University, Highest Honors
- B.S. Economics, Northern Illinois University, Magna cum laude
- President, Archbishop Mitty High School Board of Regents
- Chairman, Atkinson Advisory Board, Willamette University
- 20+ years finance experience in Silicon Valley high tech companies
- Fix the city budget by focusing government on things that matter to citizens.
- Find solutions for District 8's traffic issues before allowing further development.
- Use a quality of life filter to make decisions.
- Occupation: Board Member, Santa Clara County Board of Education
- Classroom Teacher
- East Side Union High School District Board 1998 -2006
- 20-year Silicon Valley High-Technology Manager
- City Council Chief of Staff
- Chair, San Jose Human Rights Commission 1995-1998
- BSBA - Management, SJSU; MBA, University of Phoenix
- Reducing traffic congestion
- Enhancing public safety
- Improving public education and neighborhood services
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- San Jose Small Business Development Commissioner
- San Jose Council Salary Setting Commissioner
- Chairman, Education Committee District 8 Community Round Table
- Board of Directors, Breathe California
- Rotarian, San Jose Rotary Club
- U.C. Berkeley, B.A. Economics (minors in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Ensure Strong Local Economy
- Job Creation and Managed Economic Growth
- Evergreen Clean & Green - Preserve the Environment and Quality of Life in San Jose
- Occupation: East Side Union High School District Board Member
- Occupation: Member, Evergreen Board of Trustees
Galvin D. Jackson
- Occupation: Business Woman
- Occupation: Realtor/Loan Officer
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on the issues
News and Analysis
- City of San Jose
- San Jose City Clerk
- San Jose Elections Commission
- San Jose Municipal Code Title 12 Ethics Provisions
- San Jose Map of Council District 8
- California Fair Political Practices Commission
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.