Runoff Election 11/4/2008
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: State Senator
- Elected and civic leader for over 30 years
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember
- Voting Rights Leader
Bernard C. Parks
- Creatign Access to Quality Healthcare
- Job Creation / Revive the local economy
- Reducing Crime
- Occupation: Los Angeles City Councilmember
- Former Cheif of Police of the LAPD
- Member ofo the Los Angeles City Council
- More than 40 years of public service
- Health Care
- Public Safety
Martin Luther King Aubrey
- Occupation: Real Estate Agent
- Occupation: Structural Painter/Glazer/Drywaller
- 11 1/2 years of State Service with the Dept. of Mental Health
- Trained in Community Outreach with the LAPD
- 25 years of volunteer service with youth sports and activities
- Worked with general & sub-contractors for over 10 years
- Drum major for justice for all people
- A Safer Los Angeles County
- Livable Neighborhoods/Recovery centers for the mentally ill and the homeless
- Fighting for union workers rights with livable wages
- Occupation: Attorney
- USC Law School, J.D.
- UCLA Political Science Degree
- Federal Communications Commission Intern, Mass Media Bureau Policy and Rules Division
- County of Los Angeles Employee
- Inner City Law Center Volunteer - Homeless Advocate
- Community Activist
Delaney "Doc" Smith, Jr.
- Education of Youth and Adults
- Economic Development and Prosperity
- Public Transportation Improvements
- Occupation: Physician/Pharmacist/Educator
- BS Pharmacy Xavier Univ. New Orleans La
- Doctorate Pharmacy Univ. of Southern Calif.
- Doctorate Medicine Loyola Univ. Chicago Ill
- Internship Internal Medicine USC LA County Med.
- Residency Emergency Medicine USC LA County Med.
- American Board of Forensic Medicine
- Healthcare Delivery System is Broken
- Educational System is Crippled due to Financial Cutbacks
- Government Waste - Reform needed- Foster care; Prison sentencing
- Occupation: Maintenance Technician
- 16 years protecting & serving our communities
- policy writer of 5 ballot measures to enrich our lives
Drew "Doc" Fenton
- Restore Martin Luther King Hospital and the Trauma Center
- Tax the oil companies that pull oil from L.A. County
- L.A. County Ethnic Lotto
Florian "Dr Thompson" Thompson
- Occupation: Medical Doctor
- Occupation: Dental Medicine
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Fiscal Crisis, and Unincorporated Areas.
- L.A. County Board of Supervisors
- 2nd District Map
- About County Government (from the League of Women Voters Guide to Government)
- date: Saturday May 3, 2008
time: 12:30-3:30 pm
location: Beethoven Elementary School
Auditorium, 3711 Beethoven St., L.A. 90066
moderator: Kitty Felde, KPCC/NPR
co-sponsors: UCLA & West L.A.
- date: Saturday April 26, 2008
time: 12-3:30 pm
place: Claudia Hampton Auditorium
James L. Welch Hall
Cal State University Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria St, Carson
conducted by: California African American Political and Economic Institute
more info: 310-243-2176; firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.