(Vote for 1)
Only candidates in the ballot in Hamilton County and Butler County were asked to provide information.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: U.S. Representative, Ohio's Eighth Congressional District
- Education: B.A., Xavier University, 1977
- U.S. House of Representatives 1991 - Present
- Ohio House of Representatives 1985-1990
- Union Township Board of Trustees 1982-1984
- President of Nucite Sales, 1977 - 1990
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Retired Fidelity & Surety bond underwriter
- Economics & public administration, American Univ.
- 50 years of critical observation of both parties
- Interest in civic responsibility.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Identification Requirements to Vote in Ohio
- Absentee Voting. Any qualified Ohio voter may request an absentee ballot without stating a reason. Absentee voting begins 35 days before primary and general elections and + except for voters hospitalized due to emergencies, discussed under "Absentee Deadlines," below + ends the day before the election. (Note: Absentee voting does not always begin 35 days before a special election. You may contact your county board of elections to learn if a special election is being held in your precinct and, if so, when absentee ballots will be available.)Once absentee ballots are available for voting, an absentee voter may receive and return the ballot in person at the county board of elections office, or receive and return the absentee ballot by U.S. Mail. Any qualified Ohio voter may request an absentee ballot without stating a reason. The ballot must be applied for in writing. If you are properly registered to vote, you must submit your written request to the board of elections of the county in which your voting residence is located. Your request must contain certain information (discussed below) and your original signature. You may, but are not required to, use the application form prescribed by the Ohio Secretary of State (Form 11-A).
- Democratic Party
- Green Party
- Libertarian Party
- Reform Party
- Republican Party
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.