(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(74.44%) in Contra Costa County
(81.2%) in Alameda County
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Appointed to East Bay Regional Park District Board of Directors in March 2006
- US Director, The Climate Group, an NGO working to solve global warming
- Councilmember, Berkeley City Council 1984-1992
- Founder ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability
- MA, Education and BS, Conservation of Natural Resources, UC Berkeley
- Executive Board, National Women's Political Caucus-Alameda North
E. J. Shalaby
- Expand youth & school based programs in our Parks
- Complete Eastshore State Park and East Bay portion of the Bay Trail
- Maintain funding for open space acquisition
(24.61%) in Contra Costa County
(18.1%) in Alameda County
- Occupation: District Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management
- Masters Degree - Public Administration (Spring 2007)
- Parks and Recreation Commissioner - City of Richmond
- National Recreation and Parks Association
- California Water Environment Association
- Rotary International
- Utilize my community involvement and understanding of local park issues to develop better policies on a regional level
- Implement policies that provide an equitable distribution of programs throughout the Park District
- Seek more stakeholder participation to improve access to safe, well maintained recreational park land
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Board of Directors' Web Page
Contra Costa Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.