(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Attorney
- Former Chief of Staff for Senator Bill Lockyer
- Former Special Assistant Deputy Attorney General
- Currently, Legal Counsel on Indian Nations Affairs for Senator Don Perata
- Former Member, Bay Conservation and Development Commission
- Identify and acquire dependable and continuous funding
- Increase ridership through affordable, reliable and safe bus service
- Strengthen AC Transit's commitment to a system that is environmentally sensitive
- Occupation: Councilman/Urban Planner
- Ten-Year Alameda City Councilman (1996-2006)
- Two-Time Alameda Vice Mayor (2002-2004) and (1998-2000)
- Profession: Urban Planning (Senior Associate)
- Education: Master's City and Regional Planning, UC Berkeley / Bachelor of Art's, US History, UC Berkeley
- Customer Service: Demand clean buses and courteous service (Note: customers are important: property taxes & bus fare represent bulk of AC revenues)
- Improve "On-time" service : Expand use of Satellite "GPS" Technology: (Note: AC uses GPS-tracking, but data is not shared with wider public as of yet)
- Seek additional funds from Sacramento and DC
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters Candidates Forum
News and Analysis
- Rebroadcasts of Forum Taped Friday, October 13: KTOP, Channel 10
Friday, November 3 at 9:30 PM
Saturday, November 4 at 4:30 PM
Sunday, November 5 at 2:00 PM
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.