(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Ronald V. "Ron" Dellums
- Congressman (Oakland) 1971-1998, City Council 1967-1971
- M.S.W. (UC Berkeley), B.A. (SFState), A.A. (Oakland City College/Merritt)
- Chair, House Armed Services Committee; Chair, House DC Committee; Chair, President's Commission on HIV/AIDS; Chair, Dellums Commission on Youth
Ignacio De La Fuente
- Safe streets and neighborhoods, reducing crime, increasing prevention, more police on streets, community policing; providing opportunity for youth --
- Effective, responsive city services, improving quality and accessibility of Schools, Health Care, Affordable Housing
- Sustainable, equitable, development, creating jobs, building housing, greening Oakland, maintaining diversity, transparent inclusive government
- Occupation: President of the Oakland City Council
- Member of the Oakland City Council for the past 14 years
- Volunteer and Board Member of the Oakland Parent Literacy Project
- Vice President for Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics, and Allied Workers Union
Nancy J. Nadel
- Safety: I have the experience reducing crime to make Oakland a Safe City.
- Schools: I am committed to improving every school in Oakland.
- Services: Economic Revitalization and accountability will increase revenues for parks, streets, and libraries.
- Occupation: Oakland City Councilmember
- environmental engineer
- small business owner
Ron "Oz" Oznowicz
- Public Safety
- Building a Local Economy
- Occupation: Investor, Business Manager
- Degrees in Mathematics (A.A.), Police Science (B.S.), Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Oakland Police Officer in many assignments at all echelons 1965 to 1976.
- Investor in Oakland income properties.
- Business Owner and Licensed General Contractor
- Successful securities investor and analyst.
- Father of six successful children.
Arnie L. Fields
- Public Safety: I have real experience and education to make Oakland a safe city.
- Our youth are our future and must have our unfailing investment.
- Oakland must become a Greater City with better economy and quality of life for all.
- Occupation: Affordable Housing Provider
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Board of Directors, Music & Art Dept. Arcadia Skate Hotel
- Instructor of Skateboarding, and Snowboarding
- Oakland business owner for 19 years
Hector "Reno" Reyna
- As Mayor, and an entrepreneur, I am committed to promoting entrepreneurship, and keeping small businesses alive and thriving, THIS WILL REDUCE CRIME!
- Restoring Oakland Schools to their former glory and having the City adopt an anti-liter program, that will bring civic pride to our youth
- Create a work program for anyone that wants employment, filling potholes, cleaning city streets, and restoration work at city parks
- Occupation: Retired Financial Consultant
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Online Video of 2/10/06 Debate
News and Analysis
ABC 7 KGO TV
CBS 5 KPIX
Contra Costa Times
San Francisco Chronicle
- Cash, donations accelerate races
Mayoral and council candidates pull out all stops in final days of contest
- The Tribune's Oakland Elections Multimedia Site
featuring videos of candidates, platform statements, brief descriptions of issues facing Districts 2 & 6.
- Grass roots bring about Nadel's best
Mayoral candidate finds strong progressive bloc support, but a soft-on-crime image could hurt
- Dellums finds road to City Hall not a smooth one;
Ex-rep. in close mayoral race despite sweeping vision, celebrity
- Oakland mayoral candidates making final push;
De La Fuente, Dellums, Nadel pound pavement to win over undecided voters
- Mayoral debate is a study in social agendas
Candidates offer different approaches to group's platform
- Mayoral candidates try to defy the odds
Fields, Oznowicz, Reyna are keeping eyes on Oakland City Hall
- Favoritism claims hit mayor race
De La Fuente, Nadel say Dellums' sponsors listed improperly on voter info, giving unfair edge
- A's must stay, Oakland mayor candidates say
- Mayoral hopefuls tackle schools
Oakland candidates share their plans to uplift struggling district during forum
- Mayoral hopefuls want off the clock
Oakland candidates say timed answers at debates an obstacle to delving deep into complex issues
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.