(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Hayward City Councilmember
- Lifetime Hayward Resident
- Locally educated at Schaefer Park, St. Bede's, Moreau Catholic and Santa Clara University
- City Council since 1998; Mayor Pro Tempore 2000-2001; Chair Council Commercial Center Committee; Council Representative to Hayward Youth Commission
- Planning Commission 1993-1998
- Other City Commissions since 1984
- Board Hayward Education Foundation 1999-2002; President Alquire Oaks Homeowners Assn. 2003-2005
Matt "Mateo" Jimenez
- Restoring Police Services: Insure that we have adequate police personnel to reduce crime and keep our neighborhoods safe.
- Revitalizing Hayward: Continue progress in redevelopment of Downtown, Cannery and Mission Blvd. and work on infrastructure in older neighborhoods.
- Making City Government More Responsive: Ensure that residents of Hayward know what the city is doing and listen to input in community meetings.
- Occupation: Retired Fire Chief
- Occupation: Utility District Employee
- Plumber IV / Backhoe Operator : East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Past President AFSCME Local 444
- Past Delegate ASFCME Council 57
- Graduate George Meany Institue for Labor Studies
Henry J. "Hank" Quintel
- Police Services; Reinstate the 18 vacant positions on the Hayward police force. Full staffing levels for all public service positions
- Public Schools; Establish a working relationship between the Hayward Schools and the City Council
- Mobile Homeowners Rent Review Board; establish a commission so that owners have a voice on rent control and development issues.
- Occupation: Retired Federal Employee
- Associate Degree Business Administration
- Certificate:Industrial Management
- Certificate: Labor Contracts
- Certificate: Fair Labor Practice
- Certificate: Working with Disadvantaged
Gary L. Steinberger
- Conversative Fiscal Responsiblity
- More Inclusive City Government
- Balanced budget
- Inspector for the County Registrar Office
- College Student
- To make Hayward safer
- To make Hayward a community, not just a city
- To bring more activities and opportunities for youth
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Daily Review
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.