(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Teacher
- 3rd generation Oaklander & product of the Oakland public schools
- Teacher in Oakland for over 6 years
- B.A. Urban Planning, U.C. Berkeley
- Teaching credential, CSU Hayward
- Juris Doctorate/law degree, Golden Gate University School of Law
- Master of Business Administration, Golden Gate University
Wandra J. Boyd
- Increase School Site Management and Promote Smaller Schools
- Encourage Parental Participation
- Forge Partnerships with Businesses to Promote Community Involvement
- Occupation: Parent, Business Owner
- Masters Degree in Education, Univ. of Michigan
- Bachelors of Science Degree, Univ. of Colorado
- President, Alameda County Developmental Disabilites Council
- Member, Alameda County Charter School Policy Task Force
- Mother of Four Children Educated In Oakland Public Schools
- School Site Council, Skyline High School
- Standards Based Core Curriculum
- Colloboration between parents, school community and business
- Create real timeline to restore responsible local control
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Rebroadcasts of League Candidates' Forums
- Wednesday, May 31, 2006 from
5 + 7 PM on KTOP, Cable Channel 10
- Saturday, June 3, 2006 from 3 + 5 PM on
KTOP, Cable Channel 10
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.