(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Margot G. Harrigan
- Occupation: Incumbent, Board of Trustees, Los Altos School District.
- Board President , 2001-2002
- President, Santa Clara County PTA 2001-2003.
- Participated in District Master Facilities Plan, Curriculum Council, Citizens Advisory Comm for Finance, Budget Review Comm 1995-1999.
- Chair of Parcel Tax (renewal) campaign, 2000.
- Former HP Marketing Manager.
- Married; parents of former Loyola and Blach student, now at Los Altos High School.
- Continue to focus on maintaining current educational program ,class size reduction and balanced budget.
- Begin the process for moving forward with Phase Two Facilities Plan.
- Continue to work to retain and attract superior staff and administrators.
- Occupation: Owner, Advertising Firm
- Parent of two sons currently attending school within the Los Altos School District
- 2001 candidate for a seat on the Los Altos School Board
- Previous member of the Los Altos School District Curriculum Council
- Current Member of the Los Altos School District Budget Review Committee
- School Chair for Measure A, Measure H and SOS campaigns
- Board of Directors Los Altos/Mountain View PONY League
Albert "Al" Hill, Jr.
- To maintain the focus on our core product, the top quality education offered to 4000+ students attending grades K - 8 in the Los Altos School District
- To monitor the long-term budget strategy so that we can continue to deliver a superior academic program for years to come.
- To engage in an ongoing dialogue with the community, to effectively articulate the rationale behind each and every decision made by the board.
- Occupation: Parent/Business Person
- Expertise: financial and asset management, commercial facility construction and leasing.
- Married to Ellie Hill. 2 children, Andrew and Katharine, graduates of Loyola, Blach, and Los Altos High. Los Altos resident for 24 yrs.
- MBA Stanford University, MS University of Southern California, BS University of Florida.
Kevin M. Bella
- I will work diligently to ensure the District's accountability to the community and its adherence to a long-term financial plan.
- I will contribute significant expertise in project finance, auditing and faciltiy construction to the oversight of school construction and budgeting.
- I will vigorously support the District's continued pursuit of academic excellence and retention of our outstanding teachers and support staff.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of Los Altos-Mtn. View Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Challenges, Charter school, and Bullis site.
News and Analysis
- Los Altos School District
- Los Altos Town Crier - Oct. 15, 2003
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Thursday, Oct. 23, 7-9:30 p.m., (School Board candidates 7 - 7:35), Covington School Multi-Purpose Room, 205 Covington Road, Los Altos.