(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Andrea N. Leiderman
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Board Member
- Director, Govt. & Community Relations, non-profit healthcare organization
- Trustee, Santa Clara County Board of Ed. (Ret.)
- Adjunct Profressor, Evergreen Valley College
- Community Volunteer
- M.A., M.P.P -- U.C. Berkeley
- B.A, Vassar College; K-12, Palo Alto schools
- Increase funding for community colleges
- Expand student programs for transfer, job retraining, career certificates
- Create partnerships with businesses which have jobs for community college students
- Occupation: Banker/Housing Consultant
- Past President, Foothill-De Anza Foundation Board, 6 years on Board
- Former Palo Alto City Council member, 9 years, Mayor and Vice Mayor
- Board member, Borel Bank, member of the Audit Committee
- Consultant to Palo Alto Housing Corporation
- Former Vice President, Citibank and J.P. Morgan
- Education: BA, MA, Stanford University
- Increase financial support for Foothill-De Anza from State and community.
- Focus on the colleges' mission of transfer to four-year colleges, vocational training, and lifelong learning.
- Ensure that students have access to excellent academic programs taught by quality teachers.
- Occupation: Author/Financial Analyst
- Publishers include Harvard Business School Press, Forbes and CNBC
- Former Member, California State Economic Strategy Panel
- Former Chair, Santa Clara County Commission on Youth
- Education: Palo Alto High School; A.A. (History) Foothill Community College; B.A. (Behavioral Sciences) San Jose State University
- Endorsed by the Palo Alto Daily and Mountain View Voice
Norman John Shaskey
- Preserve Student Access
- Promote Learning
- Create Incentives for Faculty and Staff to Organize, Maintain and Print Low-Cost Public Domain Materials in Place of Costly Textbooks
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- Mountain View Mayor & Councilmember
- Trustee-Foothill-DeAnza Community Colleges
- M.A.-Economics-University of California
- Chair-Santa Clara County-Airport Landuse Commission
- Corporate Chief Financial Officer
- Bank Auditor-Bank of America
Michael G. "Mike" Bradford
- Keep open door policy-Educational Oppurtunities for All
- High Quality Academic, Community Service & Vocational Courses
- Work for local control of financial revenue & balanced budgets
- Occupation: Computer Programmer
- Masters, Texas A & M, Commerce, TX - Computer Science
- Prior employee at FHDA in accounting system for two years
- Private Pilot
- Singer and Stage Performer
- Composer of Music and Author of Instruction Texts
- Far better representation for students and classified employees
- Reduction in waste
- Phased expansion of FHDA to a four year school
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of Los Altos-Mtn. View Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Program cuts, Labor negotiations, and Alumni/Community support.
- League of Women Voters of Palo Alto - Voters Guide
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 6:45-9 p.m., Lakewood Park building, (7-7:30 statements by college district candidates), sponsored by Lakewood Village Neighborhood Ass'n & League of Women Voters.
- Thursday, Oct. 23, 7-9:30 p.m., (Foothill-DeAnza candidates 8:50 - 9:30), Covington School Multi-Purpose Room, 205 Covington Road, Los Altos. Sponsored by League of Women Voters.