(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Trustee, Pleasanton Unified School District
- Pleasanton Unified School Districe Board of Trustees
- Pleasanton Community of Character Committee (Chair)
- Pleasanton Unified School District Strategic Steering Comm.
- Tri-Valley YMCA Board of Directors
- Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- California School Board Association Board of Directors
- Promote the Community of Character within the PUSD.
- Preserve the best educational practices of the past and turn them to face todays challenges.
- Maintain high quality instruction for every child in the PUSD.
- Occupation: Attorney/Parent
- 25 years of experience as Family Law Attorney working with family and children issues
- Lived in Pleasanton for 23 years with wife and two children
- Pleasanton School District Budget Advisory Committee 2002-2003
- Member of the Strategic Planning Team for Pleasanton Unified School District
- Member of Academic Standards Advisory Committee for PUSD, 1998 to present
- Current Member of the new Strategic Planning Team for the Pleasanton Unified School District
- I will always seek, and place great weight upon, the input and vision of all stake holders in making decisions.
- I will strongly advocate for a wide variety of programs that meet the needs of all students.
- I will work diligently with fellow board members to ensure the fiscal integrity of our school district.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- B.S. Business Administration, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- Leadership Pleasanton
- PUSD Strategic Planning Team
- PUSD Character Education Committee since inception
Catherine J. Tsairides
- Ensuring quality staff and program while maintaining fiscal stability
- Students who become well informed, healthy, productive and socially responsible citizens
- Unity and accountability
- Occupation: Director, Public Outreach
- Director, NASA Ames Astrobiology Education & Public Outreach Program with Lockheed Martin Space Operations
- Co-Investigator, Linking Our Origins to Our Future, NASA Ames Astrobiology Team
- Management Degree in Administration and Masters Degree in Curriculum & Supervison
- Principal; Curriculum Coordinator; National Publishing Consultant; Adjunct University Professor; and Teacher
- Teacher Mentoring Firm- Business Owner and Educator
- Serving Pleasanton- Site Councils @ Pleasanton Middle & Vintage Hills; District Strategy 1 Academic Standards; Superintendent Search Committee
- Academic Achievement for All
- Budget Optimization
- Occupation: Realtor
- 23 year of business and leadership experience in adult education, consulting marketing and accounting.
- Pleasanton based business person married to Deborah and proud parent of Foothill High sophomore Sarah.
- 1977 Graduate of Lawrence University
Mark L. Moses
- Positive Leadership
- School Overcrowding and Term Limits
- Celebrate, Challenge and Care for our school and staff
- Occupation: Finance Operations Manager
- MBA - Finance, Golden Gate University, S.F.
- B.S. - Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Proactively address the impacts of the State's fiscal crisis
- Make customer service a key value in district interactions with all of those it serves
- Streamline curriculum to ensure a sustainable range of core academic offerings
- Occupation: Corporate Consultant and Planner
- Head of planning for $1.5-billion corporation
- Economics instructor in college
- BA - Economics, graduated magna cum laude
- MBA - Finance
Michael J. Jurkovic
- Establish Plan for Excellence to improve academic performance
- Emphasize personal health and physical fitness
- Expand Community of Character program for schools
- Occupation: Optoelectronic Device and Systems Engineer
- Ph.D. & M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, NY. B.E. in Electrical Engineering from Manhattan College, NY.
- 14+ years in R&D, product development, & project management capacities at institutions including Naval Research Laboratory, Columbia University & IBM.
- 6 years teaching or assisting senior and graduate-level courses and labs at Columbia University & 1 year instruction at elementary school level.
- 1 patent and 30+ technical publications in journals and conference proceedings in related areas of academic, government, and industrial research.
- A deep set appreciation for academic achievement and education.
- Married to my wife, Ruslana, of 4 years. Community resident for nearly 3 years. Children planned.
- Maintaining and enhancing high academic standards with programs in place that appropriately address the academic needs of all students
- Efficient, balanced, and appropriate allocation of resources and constant reassessment of the strategic plan in response to changing conditions
- Promoting environment conducive to molding of character and producing responsible citizens as well as fostering social, artistic, & other development
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates Forum sponsored by the Livermore-Amador Valley LWV and the Pleasanton PTA Council
- Tape of forum will be shown on Comcast, Channel 26 at 6 a.m., 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Sunday, October 12.
Tri Valley Herald
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Pleasanton Unified School District website