This information is provided by the candidate
Brief Biography of Al Snook
- Teamster's Union member on his first job. He still has his dues book from 1952 and he understands the need for unions to protect worker's rights.
- Korean War Veteran.
- Garden Grove Resident for 37 years.
- Former President of the Garden Grove Citizens Committee and the Garden Grove Merchants alliance.
- Key backer of Jim Benson's lawsuit holding Kwikset locks accountable for misusing "Made in the USA" labeling.
- "Candidate for Mayor of Garden Grove in 1996 and 1998.
- Proposed as a mayoral candidate a commission representing all of the many different diverse cultures in Garden Grove to work together for a successful economic future.
- Advocated for the right of binding arbitration for all city employees.
- Proposed establishing a youth commission consisting of two representatives from each high school, with the goal of getting them involved in our community.
- Fought to keep a Mobile home park in Garden Grove in because it was providing affordable housing for many of the local senior citizens.
- Help to lead the fight against raising water and sewer rates in Garden Grove.
- Co-Founder of the Republican Hispanic Caucus- No longer in existence due to lack of interest by the leadership of my former party.
- Insurance Agent in Garden Grove for 37 years, I have paid out millions in benefits for residents of the community.
- Received an award for excellence customer service from Value Star in 1999
- Listed the Who's Who National Directory for America's Professionals and Executives.
- Life Member.
- Teaching experience at Santa Ana College and Coastline in the insurance field.
- Current Vice President of the Vietnamese-American Chamber of Commerce of Orange County.
- Active member of Sister Cities of Garden Grove.
- Member of the Elks and Moose Lodges.
- Member of the Society for the Advancement of Management. (SAM)
- Past Vice-president of the Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce.
- Current Board Member West Garden Grove Residents Association.
Partial List Only
Be Proud Vote Democratic
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2002 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: July 3, 2002 22:07
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org