League of Women Voters of California
San Luis Obispo, Monterey County, CA
November 5, 2002 Election
Governing Board Member; San Luis Obispo County Community College District; Trustee Area 4 Voter Information
4 Year Term.
Results as of Nov 20 4:05pm, 14.1% of Precincts Reporting (164/1163)|
59.7% Voter Turnout (83902/140657)
(285 Writein Votes 0.5%)
Includes 164/164 Precincts in San Luis Obispo County
as of Nov 20 4:05pm
Includes 0/999 Precincts in Monterey County
as of Dec 6 2:34am
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Marie "Maggie" Kiersch
(58.3%) in San Luis Obispo County
(70.1%) in Monterey County
- Occupation: Incumbent
- My degrees are as follows:
- A. A. Graceland Jr. College
- B. S. University of Kansas
- M. S. University of Wisconsin
- Post-graduate University of Illinois
Marquis "Marq" Miller
- Ensure responsible spending of taxpayers' dollars
- Maintain accessible and affordable education for all students
- Increase class offerings and facilities to meet student demands in South and North County
(41.2%) in San Luis Obispo County
(29.8%) in Monterey County
- Occupation: Governing Board Member SLO County Board of Education
- Bachelor of Science, Cal State University Long Beach.
- Juris Doctor, South Bay University School of Law
- Current Commercial pilot/flight instructor
- Previous Director Oceano Community Services District
- Previous Lt. in The SLO Sheriff Aero Squardron
- Previous Captain/aviator in the California State Military Reserves
- Ensure that educational services provided to the Public by Cuesta College are not interrupted and remain available at reasonable costs.
- Ensure that Cuesta College provides a safe traffic flow to and from the campus and a secure and enjoyable campus.
- Ensure that Cuesta College enrollment and grading policies for each discipline are fairly applied to all students regardless of race or religion.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 6, 2002 12:39 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.