This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/mnt/ for current information.
|Monterey County, CA||November 5, 2002 Election|
By Dan AlbertCandidate for Mayor; City of Monterey
This information is provided by the candidate
1. Window-on-the-Bay Park:
Complete Catellus area planning effort and initiate phase I implementation
3. Obtain permanent legislation supporting City/DOD Municipal Services and expand participation in the Department of Defense demonstration project for provision of City services on Military installations.
4. Develop operational and funding program for a long-term visitor shuttle program.
5. Complete analysis of potential Navy leases for Del Monte Lake Park, Sports,Recreation and other facilities.
6. Update Storm Drain Utility, Sanitary Sewer, and Pavement maintenance needs and financing mechanism.
7. Work with DLI, City of Pacific Grove, and major employers to reduce traffic congestion caused by DLI gate closure.
1. Complete "seamless" Historic Monterey Plan to include marketing, preservation, maintenance, programming and interpretation of Monterey's rich array of historic resources.
2. Complete feasibility analysis of use of State Theatre as addition to Conference Center/Civic Auditorium.
1. Complete the comprehensive update of the general plan and initiate major land use, parking, transportation. and housing measure.
2. Complete the Coastal Plan Implementation Program after review by the Coastal Commission
3. Complete Old Town Area Plan.
1. Complete review and implement changes to the City's Inclusionary Housing ordinance.
2. Create a clearinghouse to match seniors in need of housing with landlords who want responsible tenants and expand housing programs for seniors.
3. Implement a new "Rental Choices" website as a three-year pilot program. Develop a Comprehensive database of Monterey rental units as a one-stop clearinghouse for tenants seeking housing, and property owners seeking renters. Include a specific component for those seeking home-share living situations. Incorporate the Voluntary Guidelines Program into the website.
4. Identify at least one specific major workforce housing project in collaboration with other agencies and/or key stakeholders. Identify and report on: 1) opportunities and constraints to development, 2) key policy issues to resolve, 3) a specific timeframe and 4) measurable goals and indicators for implementation.
5. Analyze and report on the potential for multi-family rental rehabilitation loan and/or grant Programs to retain and promote more affordable rental housing units.
1. Develop an integrated plan for addressing the needs of children and young adults.
2. Expand collaboration with the school district regarding athletic programs, maintenance shared-use of existing building.
1. Institute "Community Restoration" programs to provide increased attention and follow-up Service to the victims of crime.
2. Continue to coordinate with other local fire departments to provide a higher level of service to the entire region through consolidations of mutual aid, automatic aid and first responder programs.
3. Provide more police in the downtown area, along the Coastal Trail and other well-visited areas.
1. Work with developer and landowner to complete construction of the Monterey Peninsula Hotel and the preservation of open space at McAbee Beach.
2. Complete the plan for the economic revitalization of the North Fremont business area in concert with surrounding residential neighborhoods.
3. Develop plan for revitalization of Safeway store on City-owned property on Munras.
4. Determine cost of City services and adjust fees where appropriate.
1. Expand staff development and supervisory leadership programs to provide opportunities for City employees to enhance performance and professional growth.
Position Paper 3
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2002 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter
ca/mnt Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 3, 2002 16:05
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office or political parties.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest