(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Restaurant Owner
- A.A. Degree- Busines Management
- Chamber of Commerce Honoree
- PG Pride Honoree
- PG Pony Baseball sponsor/coach/manager
- Feast of Lanterns Board Member
- member-PG Kiwanis
- Prevent sewer system spills from entering the Bay
- Control the costs of government and protect our cash revenues
- Improve communication and notice from the City to the residents
- Occupation: Retired Insurance Executive
- St.Vincent dePaul Thrift Shop - Developer, Manager, Volunteer
- United Way of Monterey - Board of Directors - Served 4 years
- Pacific Grove Resident of the Year - 2001
- St. Angela's Church - Finance committee
- Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce
- B.S. St. Joseph University - Industrial Management
Susan M. Goldbeck
- To provide fiscal responsibility
- Continue sewer repairs to avoid polluting our Monterey Sanctuary
- To actively support efforts to make Senior Housing a reality
- Occupation: Attorney
- Former Pacific Grove Planning Commissioner
- Former publisher of The Beacon
- Chamber of Commerce member/volunteer
- Representative to the State Fish and Game Long-Range Planning Team
- Long-time resident and resident's advocate
- Leader in effort to preserve Pt. Pinos tide pools
Bruce J. Obbink
- We all must share the responsibility for finding the money to fix the sewers: city staff, residents, and the business community must share the burden.
- City government has refused to tighten its belt. There is plenty of fat to be cut without a reduction in essential city services.
- Bring residents back into the equation by doing the public's business in public. No more secret deals for special interests.
- Occupation: Retired CEO
- BSEd Missouri State University
- Founding Member Fresno Food Bank
- Founding Chairman, Produce for Better Health Foundation
- Chairman, Pacific Grove Golf Links Advisory Committee
- Chairman, Produce Marketing Association
- Merit Award for Vision by American Socity of Enology and Viticulture
- Our sewer system is on the mend, but we must continue to finance the effort
- Zoning laws must be clear and fair and uniformly enforced.
- We should re-evaluate how we give notice of public hearings. The Pacific Grove Golf Links club house need to be replaced.
- Occupation: Engineer/Administrator
- Executive Director, Trans. Agency for Monterey Co.
- BA,BS, MPA San Jose State Univ. Graduate of Yale Univ. Bureau of Highway Traffic
- Public Works Director: Daly City, Cupertino, Marina
- City Manager: Placerville, King City
- Licensed Traffic Engineer
- Licensed Civil Engineer
- Sanitary Sewer System Improvements to prevent spills to Bay.
- Planning Processes & Procedures
- Senior Housing & Affordable Housing
- Occupation: Consultant/Writer/C.P.A.
- Occupation: Filmmaker
- Community Activist
- United Nations Photographer
- Network TV News Photographer & Editor
- Preservation of the Monterey Bay Sanctuary
- Cable Television in the Public Interest
- Under-represented Members of the Pacific Grove Community
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates Forum: On Thursday
- September 19th at Chautauqua Hall. Time is from 7 - 9 p.m. and is sponsored by the Pacific Grove Residents Association, the Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce and the League of Women Voters of the Monterey Peninsula. For information, contact Melissa Hlebasko at 656-9529.
Monterey County Herald
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.