League of Women Voters of California
Monterey County, CA
November 5, 2002 Election
Mayor; City of Monterey Voter Information
Results as of Dec 6 2:34am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (17/17)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Mayor City of Monterey
- Monterey Mayor '86-'02/Councilman '79-'86
- Monterey Cty. Mayors' Assoc.: Chair '92-'02
- Monterey Reg. Waste Mgmt. Dist: Chair '02
- FORA Member
- Monterey High Teacher '53-'91
- Monterey High Head Football Coach '53-'75
- Retention of Defense Language Institute/Navy Postgraduate School
- Continue with vision of Window To The Bay
- Traffic and housing concerns
- Occupation: Downtown Business Owner
- Husband of a strong and intelligent woman and the father of a bright and sensitive daughter.
- Concerned resident of Monterey since 1994.
- Graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles (sorry Stanford)
- Demonstrated record of support for maintaining the history and beauty of Monterey.
- Unanimously voted "chalk monitor" of Mrs. Johnson's second grade class.
- Once made 27 free throws in a row.
- To establish a city government responsive to the needs of all residents. To re-evaluate the proposed $20,000,000 city office complex.
- To preserve and respect Monterey's unique history, actively support local business, and to address the traffic, housing and water problems facing us.
- To purchase and restore the State Theatre into the vibrant and dynamic engine that propels our downtown economy.
- Occupation: Monterey Businessman/Parent
- Fifth generation residents
- Myron and Dorothy Oliver - my grandparents
- J K Oliver was my Great Grandfater and a former Monterey City Councilman.
- I was instrumental in preventing the closure and sell of the David Avenue School during the 1986 election proccess.
- I supported the effort to prevent card room gambling at the hotel site now established as the Embassy Suites.
- I am an active advocate of educating the public , and public education.
- Set aside politics - Listen and judge my merrit.
- Stop abuse of power policies within City Government and Police
- Redefine public education. Audit - Educate - Fund .
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Coast Weekly Monterey County
Monterey County Herald
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 6, 2002 12:35 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.