(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: U.S. Representative/Educator
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Nurse/Attorney/Educator
- Registered Nurse Practitioner (Women's Health Care)
- Licensed attorney -- admitted to California and US Supreme Court Bar
- Western Regional Healthcare Policy Coordinator, Service Employees International Union
- Part-time instructor, Graduate School of Public Policy and Administration, California State University at Long Beach
- Appointed by US Attorney General Janet Reno to serve on the National Advisory Council on Violence Against Women
- Founder, Long Beach Police Department's Women's Advisory Committee
- Access to affordable quality healthcare; prescription benefit for Medicare beneficiaries
- Access to quality academic and/or vocational training for every child.
- Establishment of a "safety net" for working families -- fairer tax code, increased minimum wage, stable Social Security system
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Scientific Research Director
- Phone: 562-431-7845; Addr: 7055 Island Village Dr., Long Beach, CA 90803; Email: email@example.com
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Contractor
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
Center for Responsive Politics
Commonwealth Club of California
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 38. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
- About the incumbent
- Washington and local contact info (including websites), personal info, committees, ratings
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- League of Women Voters Candidate Forum
- October 18, 7-9pm, Downey Community Sr. Center, 7810 E. Quill Dr / Info 310/604-1583