(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Russel J. "Jim" Chase
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Business Owner
- College: Humboldt State
- Printer, Publisher in Willits, California for 30 years.
- Founded, published newspaper in Rio Dell, California - 1960-1968.
- Replacing Income Tax with fair, lower rate, simpler system is Top Priority.
- Wrote Constitutional amendment to insure fiscal discipline and balanced federal budgets.
- Social Security, medicare "perpetual funding plan" to operate with minimal taxation.
Emil P. Rossi
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Children's Issues Advisor
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Hardware store family business for 55 years
- Private combat infantry man, World War II
- Cut government by 50%, which will reduce taxes, pay off the national debt and save Social Security and Medicare.
- Protection of everyone's rights
- Campaign reform
- Party: Reform
- Occupation: Environmental healing advocate [requested & denied]
- Psychiatric Technician state hospitals 1962-1978
- Testified at Little Hoover commission on weird deaths at state hospitals 1977
- Testimony of commission sent to Rose Kennedy & Rosalyn Carter
- Ran for state senate 1986, 1994-state assembly 1992-1998
- Ran for Mendocino county school board 1991
- Divert now wasted Taxpayer's money to employment & restoration of Earth
- Stop profitting from promoting misery:war, judicial & penal systems
- Profit from consumerism created by full employment
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
Center for Responsive Politics
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 1. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- About the incumbent
- Washington and local contact info (including websites), personal info, committees, ratings