(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Helen M. Thomson
John R. Munn
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblywoman-8th a.D.
- Phone: 916-319-2008; Addr: Room 4140 State Capitol, Room 2176, Sacramento, CA 95814; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Soil and Water Scientist
- Employed by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, 1984-Present
- Master of Science in Soil Science
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Soil and Water Science
- Chairman, Yolo County Republican Party, 1995-97
- Past President, Professional Soil Scientists Association of California
Robert W. Wilson, II
- State spending based on carefully planned budgets for necessary services, with tax cuts to offset surplus tax collections.
- Schools that provide proficiency in reading, writing, speaking in English, and basic mathematics.
- Effective law enforcement and timely prosecution of criminals.
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Doctoral Student/Consultant
- 1992-93 High School Physics Teacher
- 1994-96 Quality Engineer in a Manufacturing Plant
- 1996-98 Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ending the special-interest groups' control of our politics, through 1) elimination of PACs and soft money, 2) public sponsorship of election campaign
- Finding fair and cost-effective solutions to our ineffectual criminal justice system, spiraling health care costs, and other social dilemmas
- Protecting the environment and the economy at the same time
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 8. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.