(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Donald A "Don" Villeneuve
- Occupation: Incumbent Director CCSD
- M.A. U/Colo, PhD Anthropology UCLA
- College Professor & administrator- 31 years
- CCSD Director & President
- Commisioner Calif. Coastal Commission
- Council member/Deputy Mayor-Ventura
- Ventura planning commission
Gregory Albert "Fitzgerald" Fitzgerald
- Water security
- Fire safety
- East West Ranch
- Occupation: Businessman
- Planning Consultant, 10+ years
- North Coast Advisory Council elected member
- Active Community Volunteer
- 15 years' experience on Community Boards
- BA - Fresno State; MS - Oregon State
- Chevron must clean up MTBE and provide new wells
- Adequate water supplies for current residents
- Long-range master plan that respects quality of life and environmental health
- Occupation: Attorney at Law
- Central Coast Trial Lawyers Association Trial Lawyer of the Year , 1996
- NACDL , Life Member
- B.A., Baruch College of the City University of New York, 1973
- J.D., Western State College of Law, 1977
- California State Bar ,Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist
- Succesfully prosecuted a $1,000,000.00 + jury verdict against Unocal in connection with the Avila Beach toxic spill and leak.
Vernon Alan "Vern" Kalshan
- Totally eliminate MTBE from Cambria's environment.
- Help create a water plan which is consistent with Cambria's resources and with the will of Cambria's people .
- Help manage a Services District that is obligated to its users and faithful to the law.
- Occupation: Attorney
- Juris Doctorate, UC Hastings Col. of Law
- B.S. Metallurgical Eng, IIT, Chocago
- Lt. Commander, USNR Retired
Phillip R. "Phil" Taves
- Water allocation for each residence
- Registered voters to approve major capital expenditures
- Water allocation for fire suppression
- Occupation: Retired Police Supervisor
- BA University of San Francisco
- Life Time Teaching Certificate
Gerald H. Gray
- MTBE Ground water contamination
- Development of The Water Master Plan
- Providing information to the public on the specific options for long term water for Cambria.
- Occupation: Realtor/General Contractor
- Past Chair California Coastal Council
- Past Alternate Member Calif. Coastal Commission
- Past Lt. Gov. Division 29 Kiwanis International
- Citizen of year Cambria
- Past Chair S.L.O. County Permit Streamlining Comm.
- Past member County Construction Appeals aBoard
- Move toward long term water solutions for Cambria.
- Continue to support CCSD involvement in aquisition of East-West Ranch.
- Presssure Chevron to meet obligations concerning MTBE polution of our water source.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- League's Candidates' Forum
- Monday October 16, 7:00 pm
Cambria Vets Hall, Main Street