(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Christopher D. "Chris" Ungar
- Occupation: Teacher/Speech Pathologist
- Speech Pathologist and Special Educator (SLO County Office of Education)
- Monarch Grove School Site Council (1998-2000)
- Past President and Vice President SLO County Education Association
- Trained in Interest Based Bargaining
- Administrative Services Teaching Credential (Cal Poly)
Lynn K. (Viel) Hames
- Support partnerships among parents, teachers, students, administratorsand the community.
- Require that each dollar the district spends puts students' needs first.
- Recognize that students are individuals and ensure the highest standards.
- Occupation: Teacher
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)Teacher
- School Site Council Representitive
- President of the Blue and White Boosters at Morro Bay High School
- Leadership Team at San Benito Elementry
- President and board member South Bay Soccer
- Los Osos Middle School Parent Advisory
- Build a strong partnership between board,parents, students and teachers
- Give schools the tools, or personnel to meet the needs of all students
- Listen to all sides and make decisions based on facts
- Occupation: Charter Boat Captain
- Father of 2 daughters in Monarch El. Ed.
- Owner of "Morro Bay Charters"
- Vocational Education Background
- Manager of "Morro Bay Marina"
- Reintroduce Vocational Education back into the high schools.
- Create alternate exit exams for vocational & special ed.
- Represent the almost 40% of students not going to college.
- Occupation: Parent/County Employee
- Case manager - Dept. of Social Services San Luis Obispo County
- Married with 2 children attending Monarch Elementary
- Previous business owner
- Various committees Hunger Project, Networking with small business for job opportunties in Slo county
- Volunteer with Morro Bay Park & Rec. Basketball Youth Program
- Promote collabration between board members, the community, parents, teachers, and adminstrators
- Support Vocational training for non college bound students and increase AP college credited courses for college bound students
- Avoid any budget cuts that would affect students education. Increase funding .
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- School Board Candidates' Forums 10/18/00
- Wednesday October 18, 7:00 pm
Morro Elementary, Morro Bay
Wednesday October 11, 7:00 pm
C.L.Smith School Multi-Use Room,
San Luis Obispo
- Televised Candidates' Forum
- Channel 61 shows Daily the SLCUSD Candidates' Forum at 8 am, 2 pm, 8 pm, and 2 am, see schedule for Channel 61 and Channel 6, or call Charter at 1-800-640-6959 to ask for scheduled showings of videos made by Charter and the League of the October 11 Candidate's Forum and other voter topics.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.